People for Animals receives annual grants from the Animal Welfare Board of India for the ABC programme (the sterilization and vaccination of stray dogs) only. The municipal councils also give some monthly allowance. However, all other activities including rescue and relief operations, anti-rabies and re-vaccination drives, cattle welfare programmes, snake rescue, etc., are funded from donations received from the public and from our earnings from the OPD clinic.
You can help us achieve our objectives by donating in cash or in kind.
You can also contribute in kind. Items appreciated are:
Rice, Cattle feed, Milk, eggs, Cement, Paint, Metal sheets for roof covering, Surgical instruments, Dog food bowls, dog chains, etc.
You can specifically donate for the following items needed during 2014-15:
- Surgical table: Rs. 10,000
- Rice – 25 kg bag: Rs. 500 per bag [We need 8 bags per month]
- Dog cage – Rs. 8,000 each [We need 20 new cages]
- Cattle feed – Rs. 400 per day for 12 cattle
- Inverter – Rs. 25,000 [We need two inverters – one for each shelter]
- Cementing the floor of the Vasco dog shelter – Rs. 50,000
- Repairs to Vasco cattle shed (floor and roof) – Rs. 50,000
- Construction of vehicle shed for Ponda shelter – Rs. 30,000
- Repairs to dog cages – Rs. 1,200 per approx. [We have to repair 90 cages]
- Tyres (replacement) for the vehicles – Rs. 5000 approx. [We need replacement for two vehicles]
For Cash Donations:
Name of Account: People for Animals-Goa
Bank Name: Corporation Bank, Mapusa Branch, Bardez, Goa, India 403507
Bank A/c No: S.B. 019800101009478
IFSC Code: CORP0000198
MICR Code: 403017012
Please call in at +91 832 6512929 so we can process your transactions.
People for Animals acknowledges with grateful thanks the generous financial assistance received over the years from:
- The Ministry of Environment & Forests – Animal Welfare Division for sanctioning grants for construction of PFA’s animal shelters and purchase of three vehicles.
- The Animal Welfare Board of India for its annual grants for the ABC programme.
- Smt Maneka Gandhi ( People for Animals, Delhi) for her repeated, generous financial assistance, whenever we are short of funds.
- Mr. Phil Wollen and The Constance Kindness Foundation for its generous donation of Rs.2 lakhs in 2012 for upgrading the two shelters.
- The Ratan Tata Trust for its grant of Rs. 5 lakhs for implementing an anti-rabies vaccination programme in Goa.
- The Mormugao Municipal Council for its monthly contributions to the animal welfare programme in Mormugao.
- The Ponda Municipal Council for its monthly contributions to the animal welfare programme in Ponda.
- M/s Anand Builders, Chicalim for financing the re-construction of the Dog Sheds at Vasco shelter and for their repeated financial contributions.
- Smt Rosy Braganza, Durbhat, Ponda for her generous financial contributions every year to the Ponda shelter.
- Dr. Vallabh Dhaimodkar, Dhavli, Ponda for his annual financial contributions and donation of second-hand X-ray machine to Ponda shelter.
- Smt Vera Verghese, Dabolim for donating large quantities of rice regularly to Vasco shelter along with much-needed equipment.